Connecting Delta Cities unites those delta cities who strive to make their cities climate proof. They join forces in their quest for:
- innovative adaptation strategies
- sharing knowledge
- sharing best practices
- Connecting Delta Cities combines the knowledge, experience and connections of Rotterdam, Tokyo, Jakarta, Hong Kong, New York, New Orleans, London, Ho Chi Minh City and others.
The Connecting Delta Cities goal is to develop a network of delta cities that are active in the field of climate change related spatial development, water management, and adaptation, in order to exchange knowledge on climate adaptation and share best practices that can support cities in developing their adaptation strategies.
The Connecting Delta Cities (CDC) network will benefit delta cities through:
- Exchange of adaptation strategies and best practices
- Stimulating adaptation practice and enlarging operation capacity
- Supporting the inclusion of climate adaptation in water management and spatial development
- Contributing to the image of delta cities by enhancing their vision on the future
- Raising awareness amongst citizens and administrations